Hamburg. Medaille für Hilfeleistung beim Stadtbrand 1842
Reference: OEK 682
Established on May 8, 1843 by the Senate of the Hanseatic City for help in fighting against the large city fire on May 5 and 6, 1842. The medal on the ribbon was awarded to external fire departments. The local firefighters received a table medal (without loop). The medal was made from the church bells destroyed in the fire and copper from the church roofs.
Bronze-copper alloy, very well preserved for its age. On a later, incorrect ribbon with the fire service badge (the correct ribbon was red with white stripes).